Share This Post
The Cliffnotes Overview of SEO (Broken Down in a Way You Can Actually Understand)
If you’ve landed here, you’re probably searching for some insight regarding those three mystical letters that seem to be popping up everywhere – S.E.O. No, unfortunately it doesn’t stand for Snack Eating Only or Super Easy Option. Those mysterious three letters actually stand for Search Engine Optimization.
Okay – raise your hand if you’re already feeling overwhelmed 🙋🏽😅
Have no fear – we’re here to give you the answers you need (in a way you can actually comprehend)! Grab a cozy blanket and a notebook, because we are about to break it down for you in basic terms.
What The Heck is SEO?
The textbook definition of Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. To put it in basic terms, SEO is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine.
Think of it this way – once you’ve put your heart and soul into your website, ya wanna make sure people are seeing it! That is where SEO comes in.
Let’s break down the definition:
- Quality Traffic: You can attract all the website visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re repairing Windows computers when really you’re a contractor repairing windows in people’s homes, that is not quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in what YOU have to offer.
- Quantity Traffic: Once you have the right audience visiting your site from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more quality traffic is better.
- Organic Results: Paid advertisements are a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for. (take a look at our ‘What’s The Difference?’ blog to gain a better understanding of this).
How It Works:
What’s your idea of a search engine? You’re probably picturing a platform where you type a question into a search bar and get a magical list of links to various web pages. If so – you are correct! But – have you ever wondered how that magical list of links came to be? Here’s a hint: there’s no Google Fairy spreading pixie dust over your desktop. It goes a little deeper than that…
Instead of a magical little fairy, Google (or whatever other search engine you prefer) uses what’s known as a ‘crawler’ to build an index of content that then feeds through an algorithm. The algorithm will then attempt to match the perfect content to your search!
Okay – let’s check in – how ya doin’ so far? We’ve just covered the S.E. (Search Engine) aspect. You’re crushing it! SEO is an extremely complicated beast, so give yourself a high five for taking the time to learn more 👏🏽 Now – on to optimization!
Optimization is like a chameleon – it can take on many different forms! From titles, to descriptions, to blog content and more, optimization means taking keywords related to your industry and ensuring they attract the right audience. By strategically using these keywords, while remaining relevant and informative to your audience, you can start to work towards popping up on that magical list of links yourself.
- Create an SEO-Friendly Website: Okay – you’ve gotten a grasp on this whole SEO thing, and you think you might just be ready to dip a toe in these uncharted waters. Look at you go! Now that you’re ready, it’s time to apply that SEO strategy to your website. Not sure how? We can help ya with that 😉
- Explore Optimization: Give yourself a round of applause! You’ve now learned the basics of SEO, and you are ready to dive deeper. Step one is ensuring that traffic has the easiest time possible converting with conversion rate optimization (CRO), then go micro level with local SEO or take that site global with international SEO. If you feel like we just skipped lightyears ahead in advancement, no worries! We offer SEO services so we can take all the hard stuff off your plate.
- Follow The Progression of SEO: Just like fleeting trends in middle school, search engine algorithms are ever-changing. This means we must evolve our strategies right along with them. Need help keeping up? We’ve got your back.
Ready to Dive In?
So – you’re sitting there, wrapped in your cozy blanket; your notebook filled with knowledge, and you finally have a basic understanding of those three mysterious letters. It’s time, friend, to move on from dipping your toe in the waters, to canon-ball-jumping right in! Allow us to guide the way.
At TinyBull, we offer top of the line SEO services to optimize our client’s content and set them up for long term organic growth. Using our experience and technical know-how, our team is able to keep your SEO campaign fine-tuned to your audience and on top of all the latest algorithmic changes from Google. Stop worrying about your placement and get to the top spot organically by Contacting us today!